Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We Remember...



It's Remembrance Day here in Canada, and my daughter and I went to the local services with my sister-in-law. I am ashamed to say that I haven't been before, and found it very worthwhile. I don't have any close relatives that have served, but I still deeply appreciate all that they have done. I think the holiday from work should mean something, and participating in the services meant alot.

As my way of showing respect, I am posting a photo of the cards I made this last Father's Day for the three guys in our family. All stamp sets are from Close to My Heart. The tools card was for my father-in-law who is always building and renovating something (and doing a fantastic job). The jeans card was for my Dad, who works really hard on the farm all year round. Of course, the fire truck was for our own hero, my husband Shawn. He had an enormous fire at work last week and handled it like the professional he is. He loves to get in there and do his job under the toughest of circumstances.



The photo shows just some of the magnitude of this fire. Shawn is operating the pumper to get water to several firefighters at once. Everyone else runs but our firefighters stay and fight. I am so proud of what he does every day. Thank you to all those heroes who fight so valiantly for those of us who can't.

1 comment: