Thursday, March 12, 2009

Long Time No See!


I feel so out of touch since I haven't posted on my blog for so long! However, I have been away, busy and in pain. My family took a weekend away at the end of February (it was great!), but since then, I have either been really busy or just not well enough to post to my blog. I swear, I'm in good health - really! - but I am now working on my fourth root canal in the last year. This time, it's another molar, and I have to say that tooth pain is infinitely worse than any other pain I have ever experienced. This includes childbirth with no drugs, which I can totally attest to! So, please forgive me for not posting here sooner. I haven't been crafting at all, until today. So, I am participating in several challenges with this card. First, Amy's Friday Sketch #52 seen here.

Next, the High Hopes Challenge #21, which was to use zigs and zags on a card, which I have done with sewing! I love sewing on paper, but not too sure how much the sewing machine likes it...

The next challenge, I got from Jen del Muro's blog I {heart} to stamp. It's for TCP Tuesday, which is from The Cat's Pajamas. They have some terrific products, so check it out.

Lastly (I know this is getting to be a little much...), I wanted to do a card for Cupcake Craft Challenges #30, with the theme of spring! Great idea, since I definitely can't wait for it truly to arrive! Here in Alberta, our spring weather is so tricky - warm and windy one day, and really cold and calm the next. It certainly makes life interesting! Anyway, after all that, here's my card!



Supplies: Close to My Heart My Acrylix Stamp Set "Happy Spring", cardstock (white, brown, blue & yellow), black ink, yellow & white flowers; stickers from Michael's; bling from Stamping Bella.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Karine

8 comments:

  1. this is such a gorgeous card - so pretty.
    I can relate to your pain - it's awful having so much tooth ache, that was me at the end of last year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love that you combined the two challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel your pain - theres nothing worse than toothache!
    I love your wonderful spring card - the flowers are so pretty and I love your stitching too

    ReplyDelete
  4. ewwwww tooth pain. I can sympathize - I seem to always have issues with my teeth (bad genes!).

    Your card is super cute! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is says SPRING! You did a great job with using those colors and like how you used different flowers! I am sympathizing with your pain; when it hurts, your brain just zero in on that 24/7 and nothing else is of any importance.. hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love all the flowers. Makes me so ready for spring and warmer weather. :-)
    Mel - SBS 27

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment Karine! I feel your pain with the teeth issues, I went throughtthe same thing last January - 3 root canals in 4 months! It is the WORST pain ever tooth pain! I'm thinking of ya! Beautiful cards!
    Cheers,
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you've been in so much pain. Hope you're feeling better. I love the flowers on this card - so cute!

    ReplyDelete