Sunday, February 22, 2009

Daisy Bella...


I have discovered a new stamping company and their blog, High Hopes Stamps. They have some terrific sets, and I can't wait to get some of my own! Here is one of their sketch challenges, High Hopes Challenge #17. You really should check out their blog because their designers' work is amazing!


I completed the following card using a Stamping Bella set, Daisybella. Isn't she great? I paper pieced her jeans with Close to My Heart's Outdoor Denim paper. It really makes them look authentic, I think. I have Mom's Singer sewing machine, the one she used to quilt with before she bought her Bernina. My sister could use it too, so I hope that I don't completely wreck it so neither of us can use it! Not too sure how much the machine likes sewing through cardstock, but I really like the look that I get from it!



Supplies: Close to My Heart Outdoor Denim and Daydream patterned paper, Say it in Style My Acrylix Stamps (For You); black white & green cardstock, black & outdoor denim ink, flowers (white & yellow); Daisybella and bling from Stamping Bella; ribbon from Michael's; Prima flower (green); BIC markers; Singer sewing machine; pop dots from EK Success.

Thanks for visiting!
Karine

3 comments:

  1. I love Bella's :) this is cute! That paper is PERFECT for pants! good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i love what you have done with Bella Great card!! Cheers from a fellow Canadian Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Karine! I like Bellas, too, but don't own any. I DOOOOO have several High Hopes, though. Wanna do an image swap? Come visit my blog, The Paper Freak, where you can get my email & have a little fun!

    SBS 27 Sister

    ReplyDelete