
Okay, I'll admit it, I have a wonderful Mom. For my 40th, she made me the most beautiful quilt. It was made out of my favorite colors, especially purple, from my favorite fabrics: batik, and you can learn more about it HERE. Although I don't quilt, I have always loved the vibrant colors of batik fabric. Mom has been quilting for about 20 years now, and her projects always turn out amazing. The only thing she doesn't have is a long-arm quilting machine, so she always has someone else do the machine quilting at the end. I am so proud of the work she does.

A few years ago, I tried to help her clean out some of her stash, and like a true quilter, every piece of fabric was one she loved. She could tell me why she loved each piece, and what she planned to do with it someday. Anyway, it doesn't matter how much fabric she has if she continues doing fabulous quilts like mine!
Despite the fact that other things happened to make my birthday not the greatest, my friends and family have made up for it. My co-workers bought me lunch and made me a GLUTEN FREE dessert since I have CELIAC DISEASE. My mother-in-law made supper and brought it to our house since Madi was still sick on the weekend, and my parents took Madi and I out for supper with my sister and my grandma. All in all, it makes me thankful for all the love of those around me. Hope you have people in your life to do the same for you.
Thanks for visiting!
Karine


Happy Birthday. I once tried to make a king quilt and my son begged my mom to finish it like 2 years after I started. Last year for Christmas we received the finished quilt. It is nice and warm and a nice reminder of my mom.
ReplyDeleteI can see why you like it so much.
Hope today goes better, and Madi is feeling better soon.
Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I love quilts. I don't sew but I certainly appreciate the work that goes into them.
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is absolutely beautiful, Karine. What a wonderful gift. :)
ReplyDelete